New year is coming up and you probably want to build your new blog or website or even just want to update your WordPress themes to reflect a new fresher look.
WordPress offers the best and simplest ways to do so. Most WordPress themes come with One Click Demo Import for installing your demo to ensure you get the same look as on the default demo from the theme developer.
So to answer you there there is a simple way to install paid WordPress theme, here is how;
There are four main methods to install a WordPress theme:
- Auto install a theme from WordPress themes directory
- Upload and install a theme (zip format)
- Install theme through FTP (coreftp, filezilla)
- Install a theme via CPanel (Hostgator, Bluehost, Siteground etc.)
We recommend using Bluehost because they are one of the official WordPress recommended hosting providers, and one of the largest web hosting service in the world.
Via WordPress admin panel
1) Download WordPress theme from the website such as Theme Forest or other developers.
2) Unzip theme.
3) Open the folder. They often contain other files such as the documentation, child themes and other files, but there is probably a zipped file of the theme itself. (If you are not able to locate this, check the instructions documentation)
4) Login to your WordPress dashboard. You can always try Your URL for and append /Wp-Admin at the end, for example www.mywebsiteexample.com/wp-admin
5) Go to appearances > themes > add new.
6) Upload the relevant theme folder.
7) Activate it.
8) Activate or add your licence, most theme developers ensure you have to sign up to enable updates.
Alternatively you can unzip the theme file and upload that folder to your server via FTP then activate it.
Uploading via Cpanel
You can manually install a WordPress theme is by using your web hosting CPanel.
- Login to your CPanel and open File Manager. Your CPanel may be slightly different based on your web hosting service.
From your web hosting CPanel. Go to your home directory (public_html) wp-content->themes folder and copy paste themes folder here. Activate it from admin panel later on.
Installing your WordPress theme on FTP
To use FTP to upload and install your WordPress theme manually. First, unzip or extract your theme folder from the downloaded zip file..
- Login to your FTP account using Core FTP, WinSCP or FileZilla.
- Open wp-content > themes directory from your remote location. This is the default themes location in WordPress.
- Now drag and drop your theme folder from your local computer to the remote themes directory.
WordPress Theme Directory
The most easy method is to automatically install a theme from WordPress themes directory.
- From your admin dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes