Hey, welcome to my YouTube channel. It is common to hear this now especially after COVID 19 struck the world. We are now seeing many self-made video channels and vlogs covering topics from cooking, gourmet, fashion, beauty, self-help, DIY, education, and learning a foreign language, among others.
However YouTube does not give you are very memorable URL as you begin, it is actually quite long, but with time, you are able to get your own short URL, for example, our YouTube channel for short WordPress-related URLs would be youtube.com/wpchase or youtube.com/c/wpchase. By the way, you are welcome to subscribe to our channels.
At first, you get something like https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzRT2Xu4XchHqE_WK8KqMw/
It is however possible and quite easy to change and customize your YouTube channel’s URL to your name and make it easier for viewers to get to your page quickly and also remember it.
Custom Youtube URLs as with all names on most platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter are however subject to availability and quite competitive at that. You may find that your name may have already be taken, so you will need to be creative here since it can be created based on your display name, YouTube username, or the name of a linked website.
Watch our video tutorial below
Is your website eligible for a Custom YouTube Channel URL?
You will only be eligible for a custom URL if your account has the following qualifications
- Have 100 or more subscribers.
- Be at least 30 days old.
- Have an uploaded photo as a channel icon.
- Have uploaded channel art.
Important Point to NOTE: Once you create a custom YouTube Channel URL, you will not be able to edit it, so its good to take time to decide what your channel name will be. If you have a set a name and you need to change, you’ll have to delete the existing one URL and create a new one.
How to create your custom YouTube Channel URL for your channel
If you’re eligible for a custom YouTubeURL, you’ll see a notice in your advanced account settings, get an email notification, and may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard.
Before you start: Keep in mind that you can’t edit a custom URL once it’s created.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your advanced account settings by clicking your profile picture in the top right Settings Advanced settings.
- Under “Channel settings,” select the link next to You’re eligible for a custom URL. You’ll only see this link if your channel is eligible.
- In the “Get a custom URL” box, you’ll see the custom URL(s) you’ve been approved for. You can’t change the part in the gray box, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to your channel.
- Once a custom URL has been approved, you can’t request to change it, so make sure this is the custom URL you want before clicking Confirm choice.
Once you have a custom URL, your audience will now be able to reach your channel by using the custom URL you just created such as youtube.com/wpchase, which will then bring viewers to your YouTube channel homepage.
Always remember that for any YouTube account to be eligible for a custom YouTube channel URL, it must have gained 100 or more subscribers, be at least 30 days old, and have uploaded both a qulified channel art and a channel icon.
More about YouTube
Wonderful!, just before you go: Please subscribe to our website below for the latest tips, ideas, and recommendations to make your WordPress site wonderful.