If you are a WordPress blogger or website owner and would like to own or already own a custom Youtube channel vlog, you will notice that the URL that comes initially is quite long a cryptic. But there is a way to change it and get a custom YouTube URL.
We recently started a Youtube Channel to help our readers and subscribers have a visual guide around WordPress. Please subscribe here for more insights
YouTube has however tweaked things little and are now exclusive about who can change their YouTube URL and when they can change it. But don’t worry it is possible to change it, If you’re eligible to create a custom Youtube channel I highly recommend you do so
First, sign into your YouTube account. Go to advanced account settings by clicking your profile in the top left corner, then click the settings icon (It looks like a gear). Under “Channel settings,” select the link next to You’re eligible for a custom URL.
How to Get a custom YouTube channel URL
You can choose a custom URL based on your display name, your YouTube username, any current vanity URLs that you have, or the name of your linked website (all subject to availability).
When sharing your custom URL, you can use whatever capitalization and accents you’d like. For example, both youtube.com/c/yourcustomname and youtube.com/c/YourCustómNámé would send viewers to the same channel.
Custom URL eligibility
To create a custom Youtube channel URL for your channel, your account needs to:
- Have 100 or more subscribers
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have an uploaded photo as a channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
Set up a custom URL for your channel
If you’re eligible for a custom Youtube channel URL, you’ll see a notice in your advanced account settings, get an email notification, and may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard.
Before you start: Keep in mind that you can’t edit a custom URL once it’s created.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your advanced account settings by clicking your profile picture in the top right Settings Advanced settings.
- Under “Channel settings,” select the link next to You’re eligible for a custom URL. You’ll only see this link if your channel is eligible.
- In the “Get a custom URL” box, you’ll see the custom URL(s) you’ve been approved for. You can’t change the part in the gray box, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Once a custom URL has been approved, you can’t request to change it, so make sure this is the custom URL you want before clicking Confirm choice.
Once you have a custom Youtube channel URL, your audience can reach your channel by using that custom URL (e.g., youtube.com/yourcustomname, which will take viewers to your channel homepage).
Before you go: Please subscribe to our website for the latest tips, ideas and recommendations to make your WordPress site wonderful.