Adding a Zoom Video Conference meeting directly into your website is a great deal right now. This is a great avenue to get more participants join your Zoom meetings.
Having the HTML Zoom Meeting available directly on your website is among the few new ways to use Zoom on your website. it gives your clients a direct single location option for zoom meetings, this from a branding perspective is a win for your business.
Steps to embed Zoom Meetings
- Step 1 — Create a WordPress Website
- Step 2 — Download & Install Zoom Meetings for WordPress Plugin
- Step 3 — Create an App with API Key
- Step 4 — Add API keys into WordPress
- Step 5 — Use Shortcode on Webpage (With Zoom Meeting ID)
- Step 6 — Publish Page
How to Install the Zoom integration WordPress Plugin
The process of embedding your video conference is easily done with a WordPress plugin. You can embed your zoom meeting into other HTML environments using the code available on Github. Start this process by logging into your WordPress account. In the WordPress dashboard, navigate to the plugins section to upload the Zoom video conferencing plugin for WordPress. Next, navigate to elearningevolve.com where you can download a free Zoom integration plugin for WordPress.
Integrating Zoom with your WordPress
Once you have downloaded and uplaoded the Zoom Integration for WordPress plugin, uploaded it, you can activate the plugin and open it up from the sidebar menu in WordPress. In the settings area of the plugin, you will need to enter your Zoom API information.
How to get your Zoom API information
Go to this link (Marketplace.zoom.us) to retrieve your Zoom API information.
Sign in to the marketplace website using your Zoom login. Note: you should enable your account with a Zoom Pro license for full functionality.
Log in to and click the “Develop” dropdown menu and select “Build an App.” You will want to select the “JWT” option and follow the instructions for setup. This app allows you to access your accounts API token and secret key. In the App Credentials area, you can copy and paste your API Key and Secret information into the settings area of the Zoom API plugin.
Embedding your Zoom Meeting on to your website
The WordPress website is now set up and the plugin can connect to your Zoom API, you will notice that the plugin will show recent meetings. The Zoom for WordPress Integration Plugin can now manage various Zoom settings for you including adding meetings, adding users, and assigning a host ID. In the settings area of this plugin you can find the shortcode that is used to embed the Zoom Meeting into your website.
Type the shortcode into your website and replace the default meeting ID with your unique Meeting ID. Paste the shortcode into the text editor of your WordPress editor and press the Publish button. After publishing the page or post on your website, you can view the Zoom Meeting on the page.
Customizing your Embed
In the settings area you can customize the appearance of your embedded zoom meeting. There are two dropdown menus that allow you to show or hide default settings. There is an option to hide the alternate join meeting button which launches the zoom application just like the main zoom.us website would. Also, you can hide the default links to each version of the zoom applications. By default, both of these options are shown, but my advice is to hide them.
- Joining the meeting directly from the WordPress page may not work for IOS devices because Apple doesn’t allow loading of an external iframe, therefore, the plugin provides a Zoom app link on the page for users to join meeting via Zoom App in case it doesn’t work on their specific device.
- The Zoom webinar module is not supported in this plugin.
- This addon only supports the features that are supported in the web version of Zoom. The features that are specific to the Zoom App like recording the video conferencing session are not supported via this plugin as they are available only in the Zoom App.
- The HTML version of Zoom does not support Breakout sessions. Users will need to use the full Zoom client to enter break out sessions.
Read more about the plugin here