Is your WordPress site loading a little slowly and you would like to turbocharge it? You might need a good WordPress caching plugin. Caching helps to speed up your WordPress site, optimize and boost performance.
In a website or computer, think of a cache like a collection of temporarily stored data for quick access upon request. Ussualy in computers and websites, information is usually stored on hard disk or a web server. When this infomation is requested, the computer will need to quickly needs to run several processes before the information can be presented.
Caching solves this issue and creates a sort of memory short cut by processing the frequently requested for information and then storing it in a temporary storage or memory for quick access quickly. Think of this as your table tray that has a salt shaker and spice containers to avoid having to run to the kitchen all the time.
Here is our simple guide to get the best WordPress caching plugin for your site.
1. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache, WordPress caching Plugin improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing load times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
2. WP Super Cache
This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
WP Super Caching Plugin includes all recommended caching features that you will need to speed up your website. This includes gzip compression, page cache, cache pre-loading, CDN support, advanced cache preload, and more
The static html files will be served to the vast majority of your users:
- Users who are not logged in.
- Users who have not left a comment on your blog.
- Or users who have not viewed a password protected post
3. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is the best WordPress caching plugin in the market. It is the easiest and most beginner-friendly caching plugin, which is a big help if you don’t know the technical terms used for different caching options.
Page Caching: Caching creates an ultra-fast load time, essential for improving Search Engine Optimization and increasing conversions. When you turn on WP Rocket, page caching is immediately activated.
Cache Preloading: Because our crawler simulates a visit to preload the cache, the indexing of your website by search engines is instantly improved.
Images on Request: Images are loaded only as your visitor scrolls down the page, improving the load time of the page. YouTube, Facebook, Yahoo and other major websites are using this technique. Now yours can too.
More about this premium plugin here
Your website or blog may occasionally need cleaning for maximum efficiency. Theses includes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options.
I recommend WordPress’s #1 most installed optimization Caching Plugin. With it, you can clean up your database easily and safely, without manual queries.
WP-Optimize helps you to:
- Make space: When you edit a post or page on your website, WordPress automatically saves the new revision to the database. If you edit things a few times (and particularly if the post is long), your database soon gets clogged up with old revisions that just sit there, taking up valuable space. WP-Optimize removes these unnecessary post revisions, freeing up valuable Megabytes of data and increasing speed and efficiency. It also cleans up your comments table, removing all the spam and un-approved comments that have built up with a single click.
- Take control: WP-Optimize reports on exactly which of your database tables have overhead and wasted space, giving you the insight, control and power to keep your website neat, fast and efficient.
- Keep it clean: Once enabled, WP-Optimize can run an automatic clean-up on a schedule, keeping a selected number of weeks’ data, according to your specification.
Minification, the process of removing unnecessary characters from source code (like whitespace and newline characters), is one way to improve page load times.