Generally installing GDPR plugins alone does not make your site GDPR compliant. Since each site uses different cookies, you may need to ensure you have necessary configurations in place, even the plugin themselves need to be GDPR compliant.
GDPR compliance doesn’t have to be hard. You can really speedup the process and feel confident that you’re covered with compliance WordPress GDPR plugins.
What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and is designed to:
- Harmonize data privacy laws across Europe,
- Protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy
- Reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy.
GDPR reshapes the way in which sectors manage data, as well as redefines the roles for key leaders in businesses, from CIOs to CMOs. CIOs must ensure that they have watertight consent management processes in place, whilst CMOs require effective data rights management systems to ensure they don’t lose their most valuable asset – data.
The GDPR was finally approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. It was enforced on 25 May 2018 – and organisations that are not compliant could now face heavy fines.
For more information go here ICO UK, and https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN
GDPR compliance however doesn’t have to be hard. You can really speedup the process and feel confident that you’ve covered all your GDPR bases with these powerful compliance WordPress GDPR plugins.
IMPORTANT: While we recommend these plugins, kindly note that we are not lawyers, therefore installing one of the following GDPR compliance WordPress plugins does not guarantee that your website fully complies with GDPR requirements. These are merely tools you can use to help with the process. Please consult a lawyer or GDPR consultant to be sure you are in full compliance.
What most GDPR plugins achieve is;
1. Show a notice for visitors to Accept or Reject options. By default the cookie value will be set to ‘null’. If the user clicks ‘Accept’ button the value will be changed to ‘yes’. IF the user clicks on ‘Reject’ the value will be set to ‘no’. Your developer can check this value to set a cookie
2. Adds a subtle banner to your website either in the header or footer so you can show your compliance status regarding the new EU Cookie Law.
Here are some of the GDPR Plugins you can use;-
-Complianz GDPR Plugin Privacy Bundle for WordPress
-WP Compliance Free WordPress GDPR Plugin
-The Framework Free WordPress GDPR Plugin
-Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit Premium
-GDPR Cookie Consent, By WebToffee
-GDPR Compliance Suite Premium
You will find the big list here,
Always look out for those that have been tested and with most installations.